Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Bonding

Break. Thats I can ever think about when thanksgiving comes along--well besides the delicious feast that I often times find my self dreaming about beginning in the early spring. I have been working non-stop through the beginning of the school year and having these extra two and half days off are all I look forward to since the first day of school. I finally get this prolonged time to relax, I can even take a day to do things for my self instead of worry about a new project or school work. Oh but wait it gets even better, not only do I get these days off, but my brother and my friends return home from college. All I think about leading up to this day of thanks are the memories of my brother and I watching movie marathons and catching up because this is the only day neither of us have an excuse to leave. I always go back to the first year it happened, sibling bonding. Besides the other fond memories I had of us getting a long for maybe an hour or so, I always enjoyed the warm sensation that tingles through your body as you bring back that one particular childhood memory. It was one thanksgiving day where we weren't fighting or anything (shocking), it was peaceful, and for the first time ever--Patrick came to me and asked me to hang out with him. It resulted in watching numerous episodes of South Park from his DVD set and telling each other about our lives until we were called down to help with dinner. It may seem silly and not much but it was the beginning of what began a sibling friendship and closeness that most siblings don't get to enjoy, or just often times a lot later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment