Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Their Opinion Should Be Everyone's Opinion?

I couldn't stop itching my dry skin on the drive to the doctors. I must have taken about a total of 12 showers in the past 3 days, I no longer have the ability to feel clean after he touched me. Trying to erase the memory that has been haunting me by removing him from my skin and hair. No matter how hard I will try I will never be able to get rid of him completely, considering he left me with his child as a reminder of what he did to me. As though forcing himself on me and ruining my sanity wasn't enough, oh no it wasn't because he left me with this reminder inside of me that my body was nurturing to grow into a real life manifestation of HIM!
I pull up to my doctors office and there is a group of protestors outside. I park my car and walk towards the building, I'm immediately bombarded by these strangers. One man is holding a sign that says "Abortion is MURDER" another is holding one saying "Everyone Should Have a Birthday". They are all screaming at once, most of them just repeating what their sign says. I almost make it to the door when the crowd gathers in front of it and won't let me pass.
"I'm not letting you kill that baby its murder!" A woman yells.
I try to ignore it and not let it get to me to push my way through, they still won't budge. They start reading off statistics of how many babies were killed last year. The anger and embarrassment starting swelling up inside me, I don't want to kill a baby, but I can't have this product of a rape in the world! I finally couldn't take it and screamed,
"I was rapped! What do you expect me to do with this baby then?!"
I didn't get the silent reaction or apologies I was hoping for.
"If it was a legitimate rape then you wouldn't be pregnant, your body would have shut down!"
"Raising a child can help you heal and forgive from the traumatic event!"
"Give the baby a chance!"
My jaw drops, I can't believe the things these people are saying!
"Let me through! You're not the one getting the abortion so why would it matter?"
No budge. I just keep hearing the same things repeated,
"Murderer!"
"Give the baby a chance"
"That baby is a gift from god!"
I knew they wouldn't let me through and I could no longer take it, I ran back to my car in tears. Just because these people don't believe in something they think they should force their opinion on everyone else. Trying to make abortion illegal as though they all know what it is like to be raped! Oh yeah and it no problem having to raise the child of the man from your nightmares! This is insane! Why can't we all just agree to disagree and let everyone do what they want to if it will make them happy, it's not like it will affect their lives in anyway. After all it is my life and not theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment